Women of the Cloth:
A New Opportunity for the Churches
by Jack W. Carroll, Ph.D., Barbara Hargrove, Ph.D., Adair T. Lummis, Ph.D.
The following chapters of this out of print book are available in .pdf format. If you do not have Acrobat Reader to view these files, you may download it for free from their web site.
Table of Contents
Cover, list of tables, preface
1. Women in Ministry: An Introduction
2. American Churches and "Women's Place"
3. The Family Font: Family Backgrounds and Life Before Seminary
4. Entering the Male Citadel: Women Come to Seminary
5. Experiences of Women and Men Clergy in the Job Market
6. Clergy Effectiveness and Church Stability: A Different Equation for Men and Women?
7. Interpersonal Relationships on the Job
8. Personal Life and Pastoral Commitment
9. Some Concluding Reflections: Milk, Honey, and Giants
Appendix: Overall Individual Responses to Clergy Interview/Questionnaire